International Student Application Procedures
This School is authorized under Federal Law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
To apply to GENY, international students must submit the following:
1. A completed International Student Application Form.
2. A copy of the student's passport with a recent photograph.
3. A copy of the student's Diploma or Transcript (at least from high school).
4. An original bank statement or Affidavit of Support (I-134) that documents sufficient funds to cover the duration of study.
5. A non-refundable Money Order or Check for US$200.00, payable to GENY, to cover both the application fee and
international courier fees for us to ship documents to you.
If all requirements are met, GENY will send an acceptance letter and an I-20 Form to the prospective student.
Regular attendance is required for all classes and is recorded by the instructor.
1. A student who arrives up to 10 minutes after a class has begun or leaves up to 10 minutes before class has ended shall be marked Late or
Early Leaving. Two lateness or early leavings are equivalent to one absence.
2. Students must attend at least 80% of scheduled course hours.
3. Students with attendance below 80% will be put on probation for three months and will not be able to transfer or request a leave of absence.
4. If the student fails to improve his or her attendance during the three-month probationary period, he/she will be subject to immediate
dismissal from school without a refund of tuition.
Transfer & Change of Status Information
Students who are currently attending other schools on a F1 visa may be able to transfer to GENY
1. Completed Application Form and International Application Form.
2. A copy of the student’s current I-20.
3. A copy of the student’s Passport with a recent photograph.
4. A copy of his or her Diploma or Transcript (at least high school).
5. An original Bank Statement or Affidavit of Support (I-134) with enough funds to cover the duration of study.
6. Contact information (Student Advisor) at the student’s current school.
7. A non-refundable Money Order or Check for US$100 payable to GENY, for the application fee.
If the application is accepted, GENY will send an acceptance letter to the prospective student.The student then needs to fill out the Transfer Recommendation Form and submit to his/her current school.
Change of Status
Students who are currently in the United States under a visa other than F-1 (student) can apply to USDHS (United States Department of Homeland Security) for change of status to F-1 Visa.
1. Send a check or money order for $290 to USDHS for processing form I-539.
2. Pay SEVIS (using credit card) $190 to register the SEVIS ID number. If you with the school to do it, there will be an additional service fee of $20. https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/
3. Pay GENY a $100 application fee.
4. Pay a $300 processing fee for the change-of-status. This includes preparing the I-539, paper work, cover letter, and follow-up
5. Bank Statement showing $10,000 for 6 months or $20,000 for one year or I-134 form affidavit of support.
6. Letter elaborating the reasons for wanting the change of status.
7. Passport and current visa.